1½ lb ground turkey
1 yellow onion, minced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 egg
1 garlic clove
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp tomato paste
½ cup Chicken broth
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp dried thyme
½ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Topping:
1 tbsp ketschup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tbsp brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium saute pan, over medium-low heat, cook the onions, olive oil, salt, and pepper until translucent, but not browned, approximately 15 minutes. Add the chicken stock, and tomato paste and mix well. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Mince the garlic, zucchini and carrot in the food processor.
Combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, milk, thyme, veggie mixture, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf on an ungreased sheet pan. Combine the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Spread the topping evenly on top. Bake for 1 hour.
OK so I never grew up eating meatloaf. In fact, the first time I tried it was when I made it for Chris and I just a couple months ago. I loved it! This time I tried to tweak a couple of recipes I found, and it turned out very good! It was a little bit dry just because it is turkey and not beef- thats why I put milk in the recipe. Also, I would recommend extra topping! its the best part!


1 comment:
I love recipes!!! I will put it in my book :) I like turkey so much better...it's better on my stomach...I will let you know how mine turns out :) Love ya!
Post a Comment