Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Funny Story

I wanted to post this crazy story before I forgot it!
Yesterday as I was rushing into the hospital to meet the baby, a lady stopped me. 
Keep in mind that 1. We were right outside the hospital entrance and 2. She is around 8 months pregnant.
She says to me, "Excuse me, do you smoke?"
Me: "No, I don't"
"Oh. Bummer. I am pregnant, but I really want a cigarette."
I am sure this is when I gave her the look of horror!!
Her: "I try not to buy them, since when I do I smoke the whole pack. But I stopped buying them. But now that no one will give me just one cigarette I wind up buying and smoking the whole pack."
I tried to politely just walk away. 
I cannot believe people still do this! And especially outside of a hospital where smoking isn't allowed as it is, but where doctor or someone could see her smoking!

Oh this world we live in. What a crazy place it is. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is so awful! You wouldn't believe all the crazy things that pregnant girls do though... I wonder why she was at the hospital to begin with. That entrance is to triage, which means that she was probably having problems and had to get checked!