I decided I wanted to be skinny. I know I am not fat or anything, I have just hit that wall of 'I can't eat whatever I want to anymore'. I know I have put a couple extra lbs on since I got married too, so with a wedding coming up- why not get fit? Well thats what was in my mind last week when I bought 2lb dumbbells at Target, and also what was on my mind when I thought it was a good idea to run with them Sunday morning. I never run. I loathe running. Why did I go running?? Oh yeah, to be skinny. Well as I pass one or two houses on my run and approach a construction site, I trip and fall and the weights go flying and I skid a good two feet. Oh the pain!
I have never been this busted up before! Skinned hands, gash on my side and elbow, road rash all down my left side, two busted up knees. Rocks and dirt in every cut! And I was gushing blood!
(I did take pictures, but they are gruesome, I think it was gross everyone out)
I will never run again. I will stick to my trusty bike.
Please my blogging buddies, remind me to exercise. I was going to post a blog about how I wanted all of you to keep me accountable on this drop 5lbs or so expedition, but that was before I almost died on the sidewalk. But you can still hold me to it. And that goes for all you that I know read my blog and never give me a comment shoutout. Hold me to it too, since I know you are watching!!!!
Thanks friends. My body is sore but my mind is still up to the task.


7 comments:
oh no!!! that is so sad!!! I'm so sorry to hear of your accident! I would like pictures if you want to share through an email. Did you laugh, cry, swear or what? How would you like to be held accountable??? :c)
awww!!!!! I know how you feel!
Oh when I fell I just stood up and slowly walked back home. Chris took good care of me.
Shannon...I'm sorry...BUT I WAS TOTALLY LAUGHING!!!! Why, you ask?! Well, it is seriously my WORST fear to trip while I am running! I am sooo paranoid about it! And I think that you should totally put the pictures up!...I do feel very sad for you though...all those cuts and scrapes...OUCH!!
You've heard of the "freshman 15s"?... Well did anyone tell you it applies to the first year of marriage??? : ) So were there workers at the construction site? Sorry to hear about the crash! R u laughing about it yet? (C'mon post at least one pic!!!)
...hot yoga. one day you should come!
Thanks for the heads up! Now I want to go check it out. Did that Ross ever open?!
Post a Comment