Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I ♥ the Swine Flu

Yep, you read that right. I love the swine flu! Now don't get me wrong I am sure it is awful for those who have it and have died from it, but it has brought us:
A 7 DAY CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS!!!!

I mentioned before that we are going on a cruise for our anniversary. A while back Chris booked a 4 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico and last week it was cancelled due to the swine flu paranoia. Carnival automatically re-booked us on a 7 day cruise to the bahamas leaving 2 days later (the bahamas are much more expensive to cruise to). SWEET, right? Well, yes until we had to change our plane tickets. They wanted $400/ticket! Instead we just bought new tickets since it was WAY cheaper, and Carnival ended up giving us a $500 credit to spend on the ship for all the inconveniences. Score! That pays for excursions and gratuity. So overall, to get 3 extra days and better ports/destinations, we had to pay about $200 extra. 

This anniversary trip is such a blessing. I am soooo looking forward to it!  
Pin It!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL- I love that you think it might be awful for those people who have died. :-)

You deserve a vacation! Have FUN!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys and jealous at the same time! Perfect time to take a vacation! Yay

jenniferlauren photography said...

How exciting! I used to live on Grand Bahama, which island are you going to?

Shannon said...

You lived in the Bahamas?? How awesome!
We go to Key west first, then in the Bahamas we stop at Freeport and Nassau.

The Porter Family said...

Have soooo much fun!!!