Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vacation

Is there a such thing as post-vacation blues? I think I have it. I wish I was still on vacation and now that we aren't go-go-going I am terribly bored. We went to bed last night at 1 a.m.(after someone was sent to turn our water on, I guess our pipe was flooding out and a neighbor complained) and then I was up at 7 to start laundry and shop for groceries. I am not even tired...yet :)
So last Saturday we arrived in New Orleans to start our cruise. We were on a Carnival cruise, first time cruising for the both of us. We got on the ship and there was food EVERYWHERE! It was lunch time, there was 3 buffet lines, a salad bar, a pizza bar, and a Mongolion BBQ-type set up line. So good. We were in heaven. Our room was nice, much bigger than we thought. Everyone on the ship was from the South. I mean everyone! So we did get to meet some very nice friendly people, which I was really nervous about having to talk to new strangers but I got over it.
On the back of the ship:
Me and our boat:
The view of Key West, FL:

Man it was SO humid everywhere we went. I have never lived in humidity and rarely visited it, so it was a hard thing not to complain about! We walked around in Key West and visited some shops, then went on a kayak tour that went from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. It was Chris' choice of activity :)

Us in front of the Atlantic Resort in the Bahamas:
The Bahamas was gorgeous. We went to the Atlantis waterpark and spent the day there.

Me snorkeling in Freeport:
I have always been afraid of snorkeling, but it was actually a ton of fun!!

Chris leaving the ship:
Yesterday we spent the day in the French Quarters of New Orleans after the ship docked.
Again, humid and hot. We were even caught in a thunderstorm for a couple of hours.
This church was beautiful, I think it was also the first Catholic Church I have been in.
Now we are each 10 pounds heavier and I have to cook again...ugh. Haha we loved the cruise. I think it is a great way to see new places. It was good for me to be somewhere that was all inclusive because I tend to worry about money while vacationing. This time around I could really just relax and have fun! We will definitely want to cruise again!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kareena said...

That looks like so much fun!

It brings back memories because we have very similar pictures in front of Atlantis and the "Welcome to the Bahamas" sign.