Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meal Planning

Ok I see this a lot on other blogs, so I thought I should try it. I have a hard time with meals, since my husband is such a picky eater. He basically eats bread, meat, cheese, fruit. No veggies, fish, spicy, bold flavors. I do have to give him credit because he does try new food for me. Sometimes I give up on planning and cook two separate meals for us. I do not mind too much since I love to cook, I  just think its more economical to plan the week out.  I need advice in this department. Its hard to shop, and I have been grocery shopping 3x this week since I really don't know what I am doing. I do use coupons, but I don't do the stockpile thing, I only use them if I need the item and its on sale. 
heres a shot at the 'schedule'

Today- Chicken Tacos with chips and salsa
Friday-  on our own (I work this night)
Saturday- Steak with roasted red potatoes, green beans(this probably won't happen. we always end up making plans)
Sunday-frozen pizza & salad for me
Monday- probably taco bell, not going to lie. We carpool on Mondays and get off too late for me to cook
Tuesday- Chicken "parmigiana" (try to be healthy on this one), garlic bread
Wednesday-Sweet and spicy stir fry with brown rice

now we will see if I stick to it!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husbo is just like yours. Such a picky eater! Our meals are always the same every week because I can't think of anything else! Your list looks great to me. I have something you might really want. It's a cookbook that mimics restaurant food. It's not the exact recipes of course, but I've made some of them and they taste exactly the same. Recipes include stuff from PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Applebees, Taco Bell, etc. I'm tellin' ya. You'll like it. I can even email it to you in a PDF file. Let me know if you want it!

Shannon said...

Karilee, what is so funny is I came across your new blog today and that was my inspiration!! Crazy! Yes I would love the recipes or the name of the book or wherever you found it.
heres my email: shayworlely@gmail.com

Shannon said...

Karilee, what is so funny is I came across your new blog today and that was my inspiration!! Crazy! Yes I would love the recipes or the name of the book or wherever you found it.
heres my email: shayworlely@gmail.com