Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ode to Queen Creek

Last night was my last night in our Queen Creek home.
It was definitely bittersweet. We are so excited to be moving, but it will be weird to call somewhere else 'home'.
I know I will not be far away from QC, and I know I will be back often, but here are some things I will totally miss.

Bahama Bucks shaved ice. Down the Street. YUMMMM. My favorite is Jamaican Punch and Coconut with cream. We went with my mother in law the other night and she said I should try the Bahama Rama Mama (ice cream on the bottom), but I didn't because I was afraid I would love it too much and then miss it even more.

Costa Vida. Also down the street. I have to say I didn't take advantage of this as much as I should've. There's only two in the valley and one was less than a mile away from me...why didn't I eat their like everyday!?!?! Their salads are so yummy. And they have crushed ice (I would remember that).

Peace and quiet. What a small serene town this is. There was of course the train that'd go by and rattle the whole house every now and then, but it was mostly quiet. We will be living closer to the freeway, which is convenient but also loud.

Family! Our family lives super close to us now. Its easy to take advantage of that fact. I will miss being so close to them.

Queen Creek you never did me wrong! I am so grateful to have spent the last 3 years here. I will have so many memories of that house, especially with it being the first house after we were married and the house we learned everything there is to know about 'co-existing'. Our 'early marriage' years were spent here and we will have those memories forever. We lost a very special Chloe dog there, and brought home two other puppies. It holds a very special place in our hearts and we will love it forever!


Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: