Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Butter it UP

The one thing I am paranoid about is stretch marks. I know, I know. You will tell me it won't matter, they are genetic, you can't prevent them, blah blah blah.....
But I would rather get them knowing I did everything I could to prevent them, rather than doing nothing and thinking "what if" down the road.
Lately my belly has been so itchy. I am thankful for this little reminder to lather up my belly :)

Here is my belly, today, at 25 weeks 4 days. I love it right now! Look now this may be the last bare belly shot! ha!

Photobucket

Here are the things I have been using on my belly. I love all these products so much. I have even put some on the back of the toilet so every time I use the potty I later up. Excessive, I know....especially with the bladder of a prego.

Tree Hut Shea Butter. I have 2 tubs at home and 2 at work. Yes, I apply at work. I bring it with me to the bathroom. People think I'm nuts, and now you do too.
I bought mine at Costco in a 4 pack. I love every scent and its nice and thick.

Photobucket


Dermalogica UltraRich Body Cream. I got this from the last salon I worked at. Its a huge container of lotion. The scent I am not crazy about right now, and it does nothing for the itch, but it feels great going on and makes my skin feel even better.
Photobucket

Bio Oil. Again, don't like the smell. Its kinda yuck. Although I love how hydrating it feels and it lasts a very long time! And yes, I bought into the gimmick that it prevents stretch marks. Hey, I will try anything.

Photobucket

Mineral Fusion body lotion in Sunstone. Oh my, this smells so so so good. I love it. It is also full of topical vitamins and all natural. You can find this little gem at Whole Foods.
Photobucket

Maybe post baby I will let you know if anything works? I really hope something does. But if not, its all good :) I get a baby!
Pin It!

1 comment:

The Steinorths said...

hey i think its an awesome idea to lather up!

with lexi & brady i faithfully buttered up! i too had several different things i used..
with lexi i got like 3 stretch marks on my hips..
brady i got 2 more..
and with ailey no new stretch marks!!

my mom had stretch marks with me and my brother ALL over.. and i managed to only get like 5..

so that right there shows u can beat genetics haha