Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

September 14, 2010

I have been wanting to share these photos for a while now. This is the day I found out I was pregnant. I will never ever forget it. It seems like it was just yesterday!

I am not sure why I never posted them, but now seems like the perfect time since we just recently lost the lady who knew I was pregnant before I did.

I found out I was expecting at work, and this is a test from there (which is why they are a little different). My favorite nurse, Nancy, administered the test for me ( I had taken 2 tests the previous week that were both negative).
Sure enough, this is what we saw:

Photobucket



Photobucket


After much shock and and a call to my husband, I took this picture. I was so nervous and sweaty I had to take my over shirt off (I don't usually wear a tank top to work :).

Nancy unexpectedly passed away this past week. It was shocking, horrible, and tragic to say the least. She was an amazing woman who spoke her mind and cared about everyone. She was so happy for me this day, and every day since. She was the one person at work I asked all my pregnancy questions to. She was so fun, funny and upbeat. I will miss her so so dearly. I wish she was still here to meet my son, but more than that, I just wish she was still here.
I love you mama Riggs.
Pin It!

2 comments:

ali serrano said...

How did she pass away? thats awful news! She's definitely some place better and at least you have that good memory of her! So sorry to hear about that :( love you!

Shannon said...

we don't know how she passed yet.
It happened last Tuesday, her husband found her at home only a couple hours after we had last seen her at work :(