Are you going to breastfeed?
Yes, yes, yes. I am going to. I catch my self saying "I'm going to try!", but I don't like the sound of it. I will breastfeed. I will. I am terrified of not having milk. That is my one fear. I am ready to endure the pain, and the hard work that is breastfeeding. I am ready for all that...but I fear nothing will come in. I pray everything will go smoothly in that department.
Are you having him at the hospital?
Yes. Home births have no appeal to me.
Are you going to get drugs?
Yes. Natural birth has no appeal to me.
My other biggest fear is having to have surgery. I really want to be able to have a vaginal
birth. I am although having him in a hospital, because I understand things happen and he
may need to arrive via c-section. I am preparing my mind for that.
Does he have a name?
#1 question always. No, he is not named. We are throwing Sawyer around, but it is not set.
My husband fell in love with the name Theodore and has not given up hope for it. I hate that name. We kinda stopped talking about names a few weeks ago. It just goes nowhere. I do not feel like I need to see him to name him, but that may just be what happens.
Are you going to cloth diaper?
Not that I know of. I have some diapers already and I figure people will give me more, so I plan on using those. I haven't done much research on it, but if I did do it, it'd probably be just when we are at home.
Are you going back to work?
As of now, yes. I plan on working about 2o hours a week once he is a couple months old. I hate answering this question because I feel judged. I wish I could stay home, but this was not a planned pregnancy and had it been a year down the road I probably could stay home. We just moved into this home and my income is still needed. I do love my job and it is very flexible and I am so grateful for that. We are trying to work out the budget, downsize somethings and cut out others so my income is not such a big stress.
Will you be pumping?
Yes. I plan on pumping at work. My dear friend lent me her Medela In Style pump (yes I got new equipment for it). I want to avoid formula at all cost. Part of that is because I believe breast is best, but the MAIN reason is because breastmilk is free. I am all about free.
any more questions? ask away! and give me any tips you may have!


9 comments:
I love the name Sawyer! I know another Sawyer and he's an adorable little boy.
It looks like you have everything thought out pretty well. Of course, nothing can prepare you completely, but you're as ready as you can possibly be!
This might be TMI, but I really wish someone would of told me somethings about some of the things my body would go through after giving birth vaginally...Now this may not happen to you, but for my best friend and I both we both experienced them..First off, invest in Granny panties, I know they are so unsexy, but you will be bleeding for a while AND this kind of ties into another thing..I can almost bet you will pee in your pants and cry about it, your muscles down there have been stretch beyond belief, therefor they are extremly weak..You will be telling your brain (hey I have to pee) and head that direction, but you have very little muscle control..Overtime it will get strong, just do keegles like mad..If I am going to be honest, I still have issues with it (sneezing, coughing, ect)...Another thing is that I developed a major hemorrhoid from all the pushing..I seriously walked around in fear that I thought my doctor accidentally stitched mmy butt hold closed, finally I could not take it anymore and asked the nurse about it, who then informed me that it is really common to get them (my mother who was a nurse didn't even tell me this), they will give you things called "Tucks" to put there that will bring major relief and eventually it goes away..Lastly you will be TERRIFIED to have your first BM(which most hospitals want you to have one before being discharged), But you will be given a stool softer and at least for me it did not hurt..You will also be really nervous about intercourse for the first time (even if you require no stiches), but it does not hurt either..THOUGH follow your doctors orders and wait the amount of time they recommend (usually 6 weeks).My best friend did not and ended up tearing one of her stiches..Also I have known alot of women who do not go on birth control because they are breast feeding, while it is true breast feeding acts as a birth control in itself, my best friend can attest to that it does not (she became pregnant 3 months after giving birth, ended up having a miscarriage)...Sorry this is extremly long...You may not experience these things and I hope this does not terrify you to much, trust me when I say you will be on cloud nine during most of it anyways :)
Are you keeping him intact? Please be fully informed before you decide to circumcise. http://www.drmomma.org/2011/03/he-didnt-cry-babies-in-shock.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PeacefulParenting+%28peaceful+parenting%29
Also if you want successful breast feeding, skin to skin right away, meaning naked baby on your skin. Sure you can put diaper or tuck something under the bum to avoid a mess. Then a blanket over the both of you. No need to swaddle right away. I promise.
Also, avoid supplementing at the beginning. No matter what the nurse tells you. Talk to a lactation consultant if you are having issues with breast feeding.
Here is a great post about having a great hospital birth!
http://www.nurturingheartsbirthservices.com/blog/?p=1242
Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful experience.
Okay also I found that this was great info about Pitocin, what they use to induce labor.
http://www.nurturingheartsbirthservices.com/blog/?p=747
mothers milk tea is AMAZING at helping supply!
Way to know what you want :) Medela pumps are seriously the best- nice borrow! And I'm sure everything will be great with breastfeeding! The trick is not to worry and be as relaxed as you can- then your milk won't hold out on you :) I just read the book "Secrets of a Baby Whisperer" and it was great. I implemented a lot of the things with Claire, and post-pardum (spelling??) has been a breeze this time around! SOOOOOOOO excited for you.
I take a community nutrition class and my teacher tonight was talking about breastfeeding. She said that if you bf 8x/day or more, you won't ovulate. Not sure if it works for real or not, since I haven't ever had a child, but that's what she said.
I agree with Krystle on the breastfeeding portion. I was had a few worries about it too but it will come I promise. The first few days you will only produce colostrum so you will not get that "engorged" feeling that people always talk about. Very little will come out but that is normal because your baby doesn't need to eat very much the first 24 hours. Your nurse/lactation consultant will both tell you to still nurse every 3 hours or so while in the hospital. Like I said, not much will be coming out, but the baby will get what he needs and it will start your milk production. When you do start producing milk, some women think the "engorged" part hurts, I didn't it just felt weird. But everyone is different so hopefully you don't have that pain. The ONLY thing that hurt while I first started breastfeeding that NO ONE told me about was you will get cramping. It feels like really bad period cramps and it sucks. It's a good thing though because it means your uterus is starting to shrink back to normal size. Whether it starts off easy or rough you will LOVE breastfeeding. That was/still is my favorite part of the day.
I have a problem will peeing too when I laugh or sneeze. People always look at me funny when I stop, cross my legs, then sneeze. What us women go through. :)
You know I'm always here if you have any questions love. Love you and can't wait to meet this sweet little boy!!!
Thanks so much girls!! I really appreciate any and all advice, I mean it!
Post a Comment