breastfeeding takes a lot of time and energy. especially when your baby wants to eat every hour after 2am for 4 nights in a row.
newborns eat every 2 hours, or every 1.5 if your name is Everett Dean. AND thats counted from when they start eating, and they could take 40 minutes to finish. So if its 9am, and we start nursing, finish at 9:45, he will be ready to eat again at 10:30...
it is truly amazing how a human can function on such little sleep.
"sleep when the baby sleeps": this doesn't happen. it just doesn't. at night, sure. but during the day I need to get stuff done around the house when he's sleeping (which lately hasn't been for very long).
no one tells you the FEAR that comes over you when you become a parent. the first few days we were home I was overwhelmed about simply keeping this little baby alive. I was terrified. I just wanted time to pass so I could know I kept him alive for an extended amount of time. This sounds so nuts to me now, and I am sure its just a baby blues thing.
everyone/everything will make you paranoid about SIDS.
(for me) recovery was harder than actual labor/delivery.
being at home all day is so boring, but theres no time to do anything.
nursing has caused so much paranoia when it comes to going out anywhere. I've been nervous about where to feed him when he gets hungry. we've been to the mall and out to dinner a few times, but I will always feed him before we go and bring a bottle with us. I hope to get more confident in nursing soon so I can just use my cover and not feel embarrassed or like people are staring (but I know they all know what I'm doing).
The love you have for this new person is sooooo sooo SOOOO intense.
Seeing your husband as a father is also intense. these thing will bring you to tears just thinking about them.
one last thing...its all worth it. the pain, the tears, the fear, the frustration, the exhaustion. its all worth it...I can't explain why, it just is.



2 comments:
Shannon I felt ALL of those feelings with Ailey and she was my third lol.. it gets a little less intense as you have more children BUT its all completely normal. You are doing wonderful! I love you and cant wait to hang out again!
I totally agree with everything you said!! I remember not knowing what to do if, for some strange reason, Jackson would get hungry at an inconvenient place for nursing. I also cried everyday for the first two weeks! I remember listening to a voicemail from Kareena and she was wanting to schedule meals for us and I totally lost it, and then I lost it again when I saw her. I felt like a total nut, but hearing from other moms that all of those feelings were normal definitely helped:)
Post a Comment