We decided kinda on a whim for me to stay home. I have yet to talk about that on the blog simply because we are not sure how permanent it will be. I may have to find work other than photography one day, so I don't want to label myself a "stay at home mom/SAHM". Also I keep pretty busy with photography clients, so even though I am at home, I am also working (here is my under construction site). I have absolutely loved every minute I get to spend with my son. It has been a dream come true. It has also been a lot of work, and a lot of struggle.
I am alone with the baby for 12 hours daily, if not more. My husband works very hard. He has been so successful in his career, but that has not come without long hours at work. I do not mind that he is working so much, but I have been kinda lonely. Its been especially hard with as hot of a summer we've had. I can't even go outside on a walk because its too hot. I'm glad that the worst of it is over and soon I can go on walks and get some exercise. I think I just have a case of cabin fever and need to get over it. Some days staying home to me is exciting, its like summer vacation where you can do anything and go anywhere you'd like. But in reality its not. I have a home to take care of, a budget to manage, photos to edit and a baby to keep on schedule. Most days I don't even leave the house. Some days I don't even talk to anyone (except baby) until my husband is home. I know so many people would love to stay at home with their kids, and I do love it, I just think I am going through a funk. I think this happens at any "job". Anyway enough sap from me. I am grateful for today!
Now some random photos. from the cell phone.
1.my receding hairline. its cute/2.loves to grab his feet and roll
3. another day with my babe/4. he is the happiest!
5. again, favorite "new" toy/6. a swing he LOVES! hurray!








2 comments:
I totally feel the same way... My husband works on the tv broadcast for one of the MLB teams and is pretty much gone all season. For the last 4 months I've been pretty much taking care of the little man by myself. My side of the family lives in Germany so that makes it extra tough. Most days I just stay home with the bean and it does get kinda lonely. It makes you realize how much you crave some adult interaction when you're only talking to a baby all day long.
Staying home and not missing anything is great but I am glad the season is over next week and we will be spending a lot more time with his dad :)
He's getting so big! You are as adorable as ever! I don't have to tell you to enjoy spending time with the munchkin cuz I know you do! ;-)
Post a Comment