What I had noticed was he started regressing in his sleep patterns. Nap times were hit or miss, he was waking up very frequently at night, and just all around fighting sleep. I thought it was just the "4 month sleep regression", but since he has been on his antibiotic he has been sleeping much better.
Before I knew he was sick, I was finally ready to move him into his own room at night. I hadn't been for so long. It was so nice having him right next to me, and even nicer to just swoop him up and feed him in bed for his middle of the night feedings (that he started to get up for again). Around 3 months he slept so awesome at night, and I considered moving him but it broke my heart to have him so far away! It was not something Chris was ready for either. But of course, when I was ready, he was so sick and I thought it best to keep him at my side. I cherished every night last week, because I knew the big move was coming! Chris was not happy about him leaving our room, but it is best on so many levels. He was getting woken up when we would go to bed, he would wake up to Chris' work alarm, I woke up to his every move, etc.
I think for so long I lived in fear of SIDS. It terrified me, and having him by me at night made me feel safe. I finally told myself that once he was turning from back to belly it would be safe for him to be in his crib. I knew by him doing this it meant he had strong enough neck control to move his head while on his belly. Two weeks ago he started rolling onto his belly! He is on his belly all the time now. He sleeps much better that way too.
Anyway, this morning was the second morning waking up to hearing my son through the baby monitor and not in person. Chris got him up and brought him into bed with us, I know those moments I will never forget!
1. very happy boy this morning- on top of a blanket made by his great Aunt Cheryl. I never want to wash it- it smells like her house :)
2. trying to get my sick baby to nap
3.finally asleep!
4. last night- went to bed very early and woke up so upset, I held him for a good hour while he finally went back to sleep. Then daddy got jealous and wanted to cuddle him too!






No comments:
Post a Comment