Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

bookworm.

Lately I cannot read enough books! I get like this often, I have always loved to read. (To make me even more of a nerd, I am thoroughly looking forward to the library opening down the road, so I can ride my bike there. Might as well attach a basket to my handlebars).
When we were in Payson my friend Kareena lent me Oceans Apart, by Karen Kingsbury. I enjoyed her writing style, so I bought Even Now and Ever After, a 2-in-1 deal at Wal Mart. I haven't started it yet, but I hope to soon! She also was reading New Moon, the sequel to Twlight while we were up there. She got me interested, so I borrowed them from my lovely mother-in-law. They are a fun read, but I could tell they were high school books. I got a little annoyed with all the wordy, drawn out parts. It was fun to read them since all my work girls were into them; we must go see the movie together!! And just so you know, I am on "Team Jacob". You may hate me.
On Sunday Chris and I overslept. We woke up at 10am! That's when church starts! Whoops. So we met up with my dad and step mom, and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory at the Superstition Springs Mall. Well conveniently for me, not for Chris, Half Price Books is right there! I have been begging him to go there with me, but he thinks the place smells like pee. Anyways, we went. I got four books for $18! I bought 90 Minutes in Heaven (I really want to read 23 Minutes in Hell, though. They didn't have it. Does that make me a pessimist??). Ok its a good book, a very short, amazing story...but like only the first two chapters are about heaven!
I also got The Atonement Child, since I adore Francine Rivers. I loved her Mark Of the Lion Series, they are a must read! They totally got me obsessed with ancient Rome and the Gladiator era. Chris and I have been trying to find the movie Gladiator just because I wanted to learn more about this time period (yes from movie). We bought it on Sunday and watched it. I liked it, but it didn't compare to the action and drama in these books! Read them!!!
I also found Where the Heart Is (one of my fav movies by the way) and The Lovely Bones, two books I read sooo long ago, but wanted to add to my bookshelf. Plus, they were only $2!! Crazy deal there!
So this is my proof that I am a major nerd!
Pin It!

3 comments:

The Girls said...

i love it that you love to read!!! And i love where the heart is too!!! I haven't heard of many people that REALLY like that movie :) I haven't heard from you in FOREVER!!! how are you? What's goin on girl?!

Love, krystle

Shannon said...

you should read the book!! I love it so much! I am good! I will call you soon, I have good news!

About Me said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Francine Rivers and have read many of her books. If you haven't read Redeeming Love, you should try to read it next. It's SOOO good. :c) I love reading too.