Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

yummy cereal mix.

So for the past several months I have been bringing this cereal mix to work, and got everyone hooked. I made it because a while back the Dr told me I have to eat a lot more fiber since I have a lot of stomach issues. Its is super easy, just mix everything in a bag and its good to go!

What you need:

  • 4 cups Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Brown Sugar flavor (they also make cinnamon in a red box)
  • 4 cups Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal (Chris loves this cereal!)
  • 1 cup Craisins
  • 1 cup Almonds

I don't measure anything out, but for the batch I just made I did. (just for you bloggers :)

  • In large bowl, or ziploc bag mix together both cereals and add craisins.
  • If your almonds are whole like mine, toast them whole for about 5 minutes in a large skillet on med. heat. Transfer to cutting board and cut in half (they cut so much easier once toasted a little bit). They place back in the skillet and finish toasting about 5 minutes. (Next time, I am going to buy slivered almonds. I just have to use up that huge Costco bag first)

Here is my bag:

A lot of the girls at work omit the almonds and add Cracklin Oat bran or dried cherries or just about anything!
Pin It!

No comments: