Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Temp Temp.

On Sunday and Monday, I worked for my sister as a temp employee. She is the manager for a clothing store in Casa Grande that is switching  locations so they needed help moving. I didn't think it would be too hard, just a mindless job that would bring in some cash. Well, honestly it was the hardest job EVER. No lie. We worked 12 hour shifts  with one 30 minute break, and the rest of the time was loading/unloading, loading/unloading, loading/unloading........
Oh my goodness I thought I had broken my back. I am not helpful with physical labor, ever. I am sure my sister wanted to fire my slacking butt. I quit instead, I was supposed to work Tuesday :)
So if anyone out there has ever worked in clothing retail, you are my hero. I couldn't even do 2 shifts. I had no idea what hard work goes into that industry. Goodness, even folding shirts for a couple hours was painful...my back ached and I have rug burn on the backs of my knees from sitting and standing so much.
I am most definitely sticking to my 'do one brow wax then sit for an hour' job!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yeah, I probably should have fired you. We sort of wasted a lot of payroll and didn't get that much done until Tuesday morning when it was just Katrina, Torri, Tesla and myself. Oh well, it's done now.

Thanks for trying!!