Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yummy Pasta

I made this for dinner the other night while Chris was at a work baseball event. I really don't like being alone at night... I've watched to many scary movies....but it does give me a chance to cook some food that I crave and know Chris won't eat. This is one of those meals!
Its not fancy or hard to make, just really yummy!
I had roasted red pepper alfredo sauce, whole grain linguine, onion, garlic, bell peppers and jalapenos.
I know the jalapenos sound strange, but its really good if you like spicy food. They have a pasta dish like this at Z Tejas....where I got my inspiration! I used 2 jalapenos for this dish since I knew they weren't that spicy from making guacamole with them.
Slice all veggies. Sauté the onion in some olive oil, until soft. Add the bell peppers and jalapenos until soft then add the garlic.
Add about 3/4 of the canned alfredo (its the best kind, and healthiest for you!)
Add cooked pasta and enjoy!
So easy right??? I portioned it out for lunches before I ate it for dinner. Then I realized it was so amazing I ate another portion for dinner. Then I felt fat.
:)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! I will be cooking it next week!

Courtney said...

Ha! I don't like alfredo sauce- is it really good?

Courtney said...

Oh yeah, and is the garlic minced or sliced or what?

Shannon said...

You don't like alfredo??? crazy! I really love it. Its not as bland as normal alfredo. The sauteed veggies really flavor it well too. I would puree some more roasted red bell peppers to up the flavor next time.
Yes minced garlic. Sorry!

oh yeah that sauce is from 'eat this not that'