Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

not-so-domestic goddess.

When Chris and I first got married, I was quite new at all this housework stuff. I went straight from my moms house to my husbands and never lived on my own. You don't realize the weight of the housework until you have a home to care for...and a husband.
The second month we were married I spent a whole day doing laundry. I didn't remember to empty the lint trap, not even once. Well, obviously my clothes weren't getting dry and I realized it was because of my forgetfulness. When I pulled out the trap, all the lint went falling back into the dryer because it was so heavy. So what do I do? I grabbed a wooden spoon and tried to scoop it out. Well the spoon fell in too. Then I tried to use the dryer anyway and my husband freaked out because I almost started fire.
I know. The blonde hair suits me well.
Today I was changing the lint trap and a hair bow sitting on the dryer fell in. Deja Vu. So I tried to pull the dryer away from the wall to take it apart like I saw my husband do last time. I give up. There is a reason my husband does stuff like that.
Bleh. Sometimes I feel like I am not a good housewife. I hate laundry. I do cook but I don't have the same taste in food as my husband. I can't fix anything. I already killed the flowers outside.
This is just a little post about how somedays my husband walks through the door and I am so embarrassed about some mishap I let happen that day. It takes a real special guy to not complain while cleaning up all my disasters! And there's a lot of them :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

Page said...

I'm glad I'm not alone in the world of clutzy wives/girlfriends. I'm sure Chris loves all your little blonde moments :]

Courtney said...

Oh I remember that day when you dropped the spoon down the dryer. I was laughing reading this! Too funny.