We are getting lots of things wrapped up around here to move! I feel like its a little early to be doing, since its not for another month, but oh well. I have a husband who likes to be prepared.
We found renters! A nice, very young expectant couple will be renting it. Everything up til now has been approved, so it looks like we are on track. Closing just makes me nervous :)
anywho, the story.
A few months ago we started looking at homes on the weekends. We would venture to model homes to get a feel of what we want in a home and like in a floor plan. Every Saturday we would do this. We fell in love with many houses, but either the price or location was something we didn't love. Luckily my husband and I have the exact same taste in houses, which makes things much easier.
Each time after looking, my husband would say "Eh, lets not move". I was getting pretty fed up with him (Sorry Chris. I was). He was the one initiating the move, then I would get my hopes up, just to be let down. Over and over.
One day, we got pretty close to making an offer(It was a spec home in the neighborhood we will be moving to). Something didn't 'feel right', so we didn't. That week Chris said, "Lets not move. Lets have a baby." WHAT!! DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THOSE 4 WORDS??
Well yes, he did. And want to know what went through my head? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The one thing I had been waiting on, and I didn't care. All I could think was, I would rather move. I know, I couldn't believe myself either.
I didn't tell Chris this right away. I thought about it, and we even 'started trying' (at the wrong time of the month too, I might add...so no, there's no chance of pregnancy) The whole time I kept thinking about making one room a nursery, where I would put a swing, a bassinet, etc, etc, and I didn't want it. Yes, of course I can't WAIT to be a mom, I just couldn't picture myself doing it in our current home for some odd reason.
Then I went to Las Vegas. Sunday I was out by the pool, and Chris called. He said he went to look at that spec again but it sold. So he was looking at a different one that was a different floor plan, bigger, and only a little bit more money. He said he loved it so much he wanted his dad to see it. He kept calling saying how much he loved it, going on and on.....then, I called him and asked what the status was on the house. He says "Eh, I dont want to move".
I freaked out. My hopes up all again, I want to move so badly....grrr.....
I have to say I sent him some text messages that told him how I felt in the not-so-kindest light.
He laughs and says he made an offer! So my husband and I are buying a home I had never even seen! Crazy huh?
So the plan as of now is to move and maybe wait another year for a baby. We think its a great time to invest in another home, and if we start having babies we will be stuck in this house for a long time. We figure babies can happen at any time, and we will be so happy when they do, but buying a house can't happen anytime. And if we CAN plan it like we want, why not? (God willing). So now we will be living closer to work and have a bigger home to grow into. I never wanted to be 'that couple' who is married for 4-5+++ years with no kids....but oh well. We are coming up on 3 years next week and feel like we are in the spot we are supposed to be. Great things are happening, and we are setting a good foundation for when the babies do come along!



1 comment:
How exciting!! I still can't believe that some of this post is coming from you (deciding to wait to have kids) but I am so happy for you guys! I was the same way when we moved-I wanted to start packing like a month before. You'll love living in a bigger home! You need to come see ours! We don't have everything unpacked yet but it's getting there :) Moving is a pain, yet so much fun!
Post a Comment