Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Decor Block

Soon I will post some photos of the house.
Its only been a week since we moved in, but I feel like I am very behind on making this place a 'home'. The only room to have decor hung on the walls is the spare full bath. That room will be rarely used.
I just went to hang up a photo in the hallway and saw it required two nails so I put it down. Those confuse me. Hang up one nail, mark exactly where the parallel one should be, put a hole in the wall, repeat, repeat :) I am challenged at these things.
Also I have no clue where to hang anything. I want to avoid putting the same things in the same rooms as our last home. Thats where my biggest challenge is, seeing a piece and thinking, 'oh, this goes in the dining room', when really it can go anywhere!
The other day I went to Hobby Lobby for help and walked out with a paintbrush. How that was the only thing I bought I have no clue. I usually could go crazy in there but I feel so uninspired! I feel like it should be the opposite when moving into a new place and having a blank slate to work with, but I have hit a wall!

So, does anyone have any good, inspiring blogs or sites for home decor?
I'd appreciate it!


Photobucket
Pin It!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I like http://littleredroost.blogspot.com/

she has some cute ideas! A lot of her things are more beachy but you can get some good ideas. Also rufflesandstuff.com- she does some home decor along with a ridiculous amount of adorable clothes. :)

We should go somewhere on Saturday if you want! Ikea maybe? Mom & I are taking the kids to the new aquarium at Mills... Let me know if you want to hang out!

Page said...

I love http://www.centsationalgirl.com/

Have you tried going to Home Goods? My friend SWEARS by that place.

Interior design is a hobby of mine so if you'd like a fresh pair of eyes I'd love to help!

Ashley said...

I am obsessed with home/house blogs! My faves are younghouselove.com and
inthefunlane.com. We are moving in about 2 weeks and I am DYING to get my hands on this new place! Keep us posted on what you find/decide/design/do! :)

Shannon said...

thanks girls so much! I am adding these to my reading list asap!