Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gardening

Today we added a vegetable garden to the backyard. I am very excited about this.
It didn't take long at all, we started around 1 and got done at 4. This included 2 trips to Home Depot, one to Lowes, and another to Sonic.

Here it is, all bare boned
Photobucket

A little garden to join the 3 fruit trees we have. We hope to plant more...
Photobucket
Although for now we just have an apple tree,
Photobucket

A ruby red grapefruit tree,
Photobucket
and a mandarin orange tree. Our other house had a grapefruit and lemon that just flourished after 2 years. I can't wait for fresh citrus again!
Photobucket

Today all we planted was strawberries, cucumbers and rosemary.
Photobucket
The stores don't have a good selection right now. Must not be gardening season.
Oh here I am, sweaty and covered in manure! Hot!
Photobucket

Our little garden, viewable from our bedroom window.
Photobucket

I will definitely post photos of the progression and other plants we add. We hope to do basil, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, oregano, parsley, and garlic.
Any suggestions??
Heres hoping I don't kill anything!
Pin It!

4 comments:

The Porter Family said...

That is so cool! i can't wait til we build ours...it's on the to do list, but pretty far down! Can't wait to see how it grows!

Heather said...

plant your tomatoes in an area they don't get 100% sun all day. Devin and i had the topsy turvy planter on our patio but it ALWAYS had direct sun and although we got some tomatoes the rest of the plant burnt and died even with all the water :(

Anonymous said...

I have always grown sundried tomatoes, but learning this year lots of water really makes them grow! We shade them for the pm sun, and we got a few good ones. The prairie dogs and rabbits really took after them, even after we put chicken wire all around. Smart critters! This year peppers!!! Make a bigger area, you put one tomato plant in your planter area, they will outgrow it. fun times!! I just canned salsa yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Barbara Hancock, I am anonymous, because I don't know how to log into your blog.... !!!