Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New baby photo!

Photobucket
(our son, 34 weeks, profile, making a kissy/sucky mouth)

Last week I was a "model" for some ultrasound students at the hospital I am delivering at. I found out about it through my birthing class.

I thought it would be a great chance to get one last look at the baby before we meet him! I was so grateful to see his face. although it was a very fast ultrasound, and the students just had to find and measure his heartbeat, which seemed very easy for everyone since he is so big and his back is right up against my belly. I was SO excited when the first girl put the wand very low on my belly and said, "head". Phew! He is head down (hopefully for good??). I have been having a hard time figuring out what body part I am feeling, and to know his feet were on my left side, back on the right, head and hands down low makes me feel like I know whats going on in there!

They got a really good look at his face for me. He had his hands in his mouth the whole time, except for one moment they were out and he was sucking and searching for them! It was so sweet. He looks like he has big lips.

One thing that freaked me out was they kept saying "her" and "she" when referring to the baby. Finally, I asked for them to make sure I am still having a boy. They looked, there's no doubt its actually a "he"!

I think since last week he has flipped, not upside down but definitely switched sides. I noticed after the ultrasound his hiccups were always on my right (just that week, they haven't always been) but then, driving in the car last night I felt a big movement, it took my breath away (ok I screamed :). Then about an hour later, his hiccups were on my left. I just hope his head stays down!
Pin It!

1 comment:

The Porter Family said...

SO excited for yo Shannon! I can't believe you are already 34 weeks! Crazy. And I"m sure that his head will stay down- that would be a pretty big flip in there if not! Can't wait to see pictures of him! :)