Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

9 Days old

I wanted to get a sock monkey to use in the photos, but Chris loves this Domo he won at the fair last October when we were newly pregnant. It looks a little scary next to my son, like he wants to eat him, but oh well....it'll be cute.


Photobucket


Everett today you are 9 days old! It has flown by, but also feels like we've had you much longer. My due date was today (5.20.11), but I am so glad we've gotten a little over a week with you.
You love to sleep and eat. A typical newborn right now.
When we left the hospital you weighed 5lbs 13oz, and when we saw your doctor a couple days later you gained 2oz! Yay! She is concerned about jaundice, which we had to get you tested for (again), but the levels aren't too high and we just need to give you sunlight.
Your cord fell off at exactly one week old. It made me cry. I may have to keep it like a crazy lady.
You are nursing so well. I'm so pleased at how we've gotten the hang of that so far. We have also given you expressed milk in a bottle and a pacifier at night, and you have no confusion or issues with the different "nipples".
Everett, your name means "strong", and boy you live up to that. You are such a small peanut, but your neck control and the way you can practically squirm so hard that you roll onto your side amazes me. You are too strong for your own good!
I believe right now you have days and nights mixed up. You sleep all day, I have to wake you to feed you, then at night we are up every hour to nurse. You don't really like sleeping in your bassinet, I think you are a little lonely in there. When I hold you you fall right asleep. Its really precious.
Ev, you are such a sweet boy. You don't hardly fuss about anything. There are those looks you give like, "what are you guys doing to me!", and sometimes I see a little attitude in those looks (thats from your momma). You are pure joy. You are the greatest blessing and the biggest responsibility I will ever, ever receive. Your dad and I love you so very much, these past 9 days have been the best of our lives.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have heard this, and you will hear it many more times, but as I sit here with an almost-five-month-old, I need to say it, because once...mine was as TINY as yours...

They grow FAST! Cherish every moment! :)