Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

my daily lunch.

I get into habits with my food. For the past, I don't know, say 6 weeks I've been eating the same thing for lunch every.single.day.


Photobucket

Field greens, light ranch dressing, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, black beans, corn, shredded chicken (some days, usually its whatever meat was leftover from dinner the night before), and quinoa. Most days I only have time to prepare it, then do something with the baby, then finally get to eat it an hour later.
I'm loving quinoa since I discovered the best kind at Costco. Its pre-rinsed and cooks up very fuffy and light. In case you've never had it, it is similar to rice but has a more nutty taste to it. My only complaint is that it stinks like dirt when you cook it. Besides the health benefits and being FULL of protein, I love it because it really helped my milk supply. No lie. I eat it daily and I get more milk when I pump and feel fuller at feeding times. So in case you need help in that department or know someone who does, give quinoa a try!
This is my PSA announcement for the day. ok bye.
Pin It!

1 comment:

The Steinorths said...

haha shannon u are so cute! but i have to say what you have been eating for lunch sounds so YUMMY im totally stealing it! LOL