Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

12 weeks

Today my baby is 12 weeks old! Isn't that crazy??
I remember how slow it took to be 12 weeks pregnant and be in the "safe zone" so I could tell everyone. Man those weeks felt like forever, even though it was really only 8 weeks of knowing I was pregnant. The past 12 weeks with baby being outside my belly have seriously flown by.
Now that I am 12 weeks postpartum, I barely remember what it is like to be pregnant. I remember thinking it must be so weird to go from having a big belly with a moving baby to suddenly just not being pregnant. I thought I'd expect to feel movement or forget I was no longer pregnant, but none of that happened. It was such a smooth and natural transition.
I was extremely caught up in worry about breastfeeding. You hear so many horror stories or of people that is just didn't work out for, or infections, food allergies, no milk, etc. I was prepared for a struggle. I didn't have to worry, but I am glad I prepared myself. I remember being on google all day long trying to figure out if I was doing it right. I didn't think the lactation consultants were very helpful in the hospital, mainly because every time they came Everett was too sleepy to eat. After the first couple weeks of me being more confident in my supply and his latch, it was a breeze. He was self latching only at only a few days old and my milk came in after 2 days, so I am not sure what I was so worried about. I am still dealing with breastfeeding nausea. Since my milk came in after those 2 days I get nauseous with every let down of milk and latch. I don't get sick, but I feel pretty bad. Even when I miss a feeding because I am out on a photo job and my milk lets down, I get sick. I read it was supposed to go away after 6-8 weeks, but here I am 12 weeks and its still going strong. I mentioned it to my doctor who said he had never heard of it. hmmm.
One thing I am still struggling with is weight. No I do not diet or exercise, but I clearly should since my weight hasn't budged in 8 weeks. I am still hanging onto those last 10 pounds. I was seriously expecting breastfeeding to make my weight fall off me, HAHA. I am not one of the lucky ones! Its so hard to even think about dieting, because just in the past 2 weeks I have become so ravenous its unreal. At first for several weeks I had no appetite, but now, watch out! I am starving all the time. Oh and forget exercise. This girl doesn't do that, especially in this awful heat. (ok I see why I should stop complaining about my weight :)
Another thing that hit me recently was hair loss. Just the past 2 weeks my hair has started falling out in clumps. I need a hair net. It is so gross, I even found loose hairs in Everett's mouth and diaper. Sick I know. The worst thing is, my hair is in a ponytail 90% of the time and it still gets everywhere.
I hope the next 12 weeks will be just as fun as the past 12 with Ev. And I really hope in the next 12 weeks I can fit into my pre preggo jeans!
Pin It!

No comments: