You truly changed this month. You are so mobile and fast. You are still army crawling, but will get up on all 4's and do a few "steps" that way until you fall on your belly. You also learned how to sit up on your own, and you love to crawl all over the place then sit and look around. You especially love to sit at the sliding glass door and watch the dogs outside. You also love to sit at the full length mirror in my bathroom and look at yourself and give your self kisses (oh boy).
We lowered your crib all the way down because you are kinda starting to pull yourself up places. You hadn't done that in your crib yet but I didn't want to risk it.
When you are all over the house you find every crumb, hair, teeny piece of paper, basically anything that is hard to find or see you do indeed find it and put it in your mouth. Everything goes in your mouth. It is kinda scary to me so I have started vacuuming and mopping every other day.
The only time you don't put something in your mouth is when you are in your high chair. You seem to be a picky eater, without having tried much food. You are not big on begin spoon fed (never were) but I still try at every meal to give you baby food. I also cut up food and set it out for you, but your favorites are puffs, cheerios and toast. Little carb boy. Some new foods you've tried: blueberries, yogurt, toast, steamed baby carrots, a biscuit (you took it off the table while sitting with your Nomi), egg yolks, whole grain pasta, steamed peas, crackers, and a couple bits of a turkey puree.
In the morning you have a pureed fruit with oatmeal (about 4 bites), cut up banana and a small piece of toast to chew on. You nurse about 5-6 times a day, and also have a snack, lately just a few cheerios and some blueberries. For dinner you have a couple bites of a pureed vegetable, then a couple pieces of pasta or rice, then cut up veggies. This past month you haven't been interested in eating solids. You cut your first tooth (and your second is on the way), and seemed to have an aversion to anything cold in your mouth. Teething made you fussy, but then again between that and another double ear infection its hard to tell whats bothering you. You seem to have a very high pain tolerance, especially when you fall and bonk something.
You had your first Christmas this month! It was a great day. You loved the paper, and especially loved the tree. We traveled to Sacramento this month, your second plane ride. You did so great there and back. You also met your great Grandpa Bill and Grandma Wy, and your great Grandma Helen and Grandpa Jim (they came here to AZ).
You don't exactly sleep through the night yet. I guess technically according to the Drs (6-7hours straight) you do. You sleep from about 6pm-6:30am with one waking. When you are sick or teething you wake a lot more than once.
You talks so much! Your favorite thing to say is "da da da da da". I know you don't know what it means yet, but its still so cute. You also say "ma ma ma" and "ha ha" and "ba ba". You wave bye-bye and sometimes give hi-fives.
I don't want to forget:
- how when I get you from a nap and you are still sleepy, you lay your head down and tuck your hands into your belly
- how when I lay you in your crib you quickly turn over onto your belly, again with hands tucked under your belly
- how much you love me! (is that strange to say?) Seriously you are a mamas boy right now, you look for me when I'm out of your sight and you always want me to hold you. I love that you want me.
- How you love bath time! You love putting your hand under the running facet.
- how you often grab the sides of my head and kiss me on the mouth. Melts my heart.
- the deep belly laugh you get when I rub my head on your belly
You are overall such a happy baby. Always smiling, and so social. If anyone even looks at you you smile. Everyone always comments on how cute you are, and I so agree. We really hit the jackpot on you Everett. You are a perfectly happy, content, adorable and beautiful boy. You bring joy to everyone, and your dad and I are so wild about you!




1 comment:
So cute!
Post a Comment