Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A day in the life.

Our routine is by no means exciting. Last week I didn't even leave the house for 4 days straight last week (that is not healthy and I do NOT recommend it!).
Yesterday I tried to document the days events. Here they are:
I wake up hearing the baby on the monitor. Chris is playing around on his phone next to me delaying getting up and ready for work. I go get the baby and see his sweet face. We go out to the living room, I feed him and watch the Today Show. I've been watching it lately- since there is nothing on TV after 10 am I do watch the early morning news.
I do chores- dishes and laundry. I get Ev some breakfast. This day was oatmeal and bananas. I also give him finger food like a piece of toast to eat while I finish some more chores. I make myself breakfast and sit down with Everett while he finishes what he's eating, or he will just sit and watch the dogs play outside.


Medicine time for Ev (more antibiotics, yes another ear infections). We play, then its nap time. I get a shower!


While the baby naps, I work on emails and editing photos. I also eat lunch (leftover pizza this day). He wakes up and is so cuddly and adorable when sleepy.


We play. A lot. He explores the house and I keep a close eye on him. We also went on a walk with the dogs. This time of day we usually run errands (between nap 1 &2). Its time for his second nap, and he fights it. He has a bad diaper rash and I can tell his ears still bug him (even though its the last day of antibiotics), he is also cutting tooth #2. After rocking him and nursing him and trying to make him sleep, I give up and we cuddle on the couch instead.


I feed Everett dinner. We start bedtime routine very early since he missed a nap. Bathtime, then naked time (to help his rash) and then jammies and nurse and to bed. He was in bed and asleep by 5:30pm.

I stopped taking pictures of our day at this point. Chris has been working late and was gone very late. I took this time to fold laundry, work on editing photos, made myself dinner, cut coupons for grocery shopping the next day, then relaxed on the couch watching the full 2 hours of the Bachelor.

My days can be mundane, and routine, but they fly by. Everett will be 8 months old tomorrow and I have no idea where the time went. I love each and every boring hour of my life! I wouldn't have it any other way.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sweet pictures on you two on the couch. :) SO if he goes to bed at 5:30 will he sleep through the night?

Shannon said...

he slept til 1am...so technically that is sleeping through the night (6/7hours, right?), but every night I still get up with him! he usually sleeps from 6pm-6:30am with one or two wakings (lately more since he's been sick :( )

Anonymous said...

I love "a day in the life of" posts! I've been thinking about doing one soon too! My average day is much like yours - eat, clean, feed a baby. Repeat. :)