I know I've mentioned Everetts ear infections a lot on here, and today we had tubes put in. Everyone said it would be fast, easy, and painless, and for the most part it was. I was totally freaked out about the "no eating past midnight" rule. He is still getting up at night, more so lately since he is cutting his second top tooth. I didn't want him to "smell" me (or pull my shirt down ha) if I got up with him at night, so I had my mom come stay with me. Chris was out of town all weekend and I had to go pick him up around midnight from the church ski trip he was on, so it was nice that my mom was there so I could pick him up baby free. Around the time I left my mom gave him a 6 oz bottle. He was good after that.
THEN 4:30 am came. This is usually his only night time feeding. I usually feed him and he will go back down until 7am. Well he woke up hysterical around then and my mom and Chris couldn't get him back to sleep. Oh it was horrible. We had to leave around 6:30 to get to the surgery center for a 7 am check in. He cried for a good hour until my mom just played and distracted him. He didn't cry at all after that- not on the drive or the waiting room.
We checked in at 7, had to pay (ouch) and fill out paperwork, then got taken back to pre-op. Our little boy is such a flirt, let me tell you. He smiled and smiled at the nurses. They were trying to get his blood pressure and he would reach out for the nurses face then giggle so hard. He had them all laughing. The doctor and anesthesiologist talked to us, and we were warned that he'd be extremely cranky after the procedure.
Then they took him away, and that boy who isn't afraid of anyone gladly left. We went to the recovery room and seriously 5 minutes later the Dr came in and said he was done. It was insanely fast. I then heard him crying and a couple minutes later he was carried in by a nurse and handed to me to be fed. He was very limp an groggy. He did eat, and then about 2 other families joined us in the waiting room- as I was exposed nursing! ha. We left then and he was still calm. Chris and I spoke too soon and said, "this is extreme crankiness?HAHA! Our son must be an angel"
Then we drove home and he cried the whole way.Getting out of the car I noticed his body jolted, I heard a "pop" then he screamed. Scared me to death but I didn't know what happened. It kept happening to the point where I started crying out of fear for him. It was just so bizarre. It seemed like he would burp, and it was also popping his ears. I called the dr and he said the anesthesia would give him gas but his ears wouldn't be popping. We are still dealing with gas from the anesthesia, about 6 hours later. It is very weird and scary and I hate that it hurts him. Lots and lots of tears today. My poor baby. I hope this is the end of ear infections.




2 comments:
:( so sad for Everett (and you!)! Hopefully this will solve everything. Poor little guy!
stop it i wanna cry! i know how sad you must be seeing him hurting! love you and hope everything is well :)
Post a Comment