I've been dreading this month, since he is now double digits. Makes me so stinking sad! I know the whining about time going by so fast gets annoying- but SERIOUSLY it goes so fast!
Everett is such a busy little boy. Always moving. Always getting into things. Rarely still. Never cuddles.
He is standing on his own now. He pulls himself up on everything, even his crib which is very low so I am surprised he is tall enough to reach the top. He now stands and then lets go, standing alone for a second before he falls to his bum. For as busy as he is, he is very cautious when he is on his feet. He knows to sit himself down slowly, and takes slow steps when "cruising" along furniture.
He is so social. He babbles a lot. He still says "dada" all the time and definitely knows what it means. A couple times he has said "mama" but it was maybe only twice and when I tell him to say it he says "dada". Stinker. He also says "buh bye", "dog", and he called his PawPaw Kent "pawpaw" clear as day last week. I have gotten a few words on video, I need to post them!
He is doing this new thing where if I am holding him, and introduce him to someone new, or even just tell him to say hi to someone, he lays his head down on my shoulder and acts bashful.
He is still signing some things. A while ago I taught him "milk", but then I decided to stop because I thought it may make weaning harder. Well, the other day Ev was sitting at my feet and reached his hand up toward me opening and closing his fingers (the sign for milk is squeezing your hand open and closed). I thought it was a cute new wave he was doing, but when I picked him up, he "assumed the position" of nursing and yanked my shirt, signing milk over and over. Oh boy. This is his new favorite thing to do, and its so funny to me! He is so smart! Now that he signs it and knows what it means, it makes our life so much easier. He signs it when he is tired too so its almost like he's asking to go to bed. Which he does now beautifully.
Speaking of sleep, we had a rough month when him waking up often, but it was due to teething. He cut his fourth tooth (after it being **right there** for 3 WEEKS) and since them he will sleep 11 hours straight.
Everett had ear tubes put in this month, his first surgery.
His favorite foods are: black beans, blueberries, chicken, cheese, puffs, and cheerios. Still not a veggie fan- we need help in that department!
what I don't want to forget:
- waking up to your happy babbles over the monitor
- how love your dada
- how excited you get over black beans
- how you really study things. you take toys and look them over, picking and poking everything.
- how you are a little vampire, biting our faces and necks all the time.
- how you love your doggies! you often let them out of their kennel and chase them around
- your breathy voice, especially when you say "pawpaw" and "baba"
- your little hand signing milk at me
- how you eagerly pull all your clothes out of your drawer and throw them on the ground
- how you sleep so sweetly, taking up almost half the length of your crib




No comments:
Post a Comment