Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Unplugged.

Untitled
Last week something happened that still makes me want to throw up. Feelings of carelessness, regret, worry, angry.
It seems so silly. But its not.
My iPhone was stolen. My silly phone! I hate assuming people stole from me or anyone, but we do know for sure thats what happened. The police seemed to care for a day and now its gone. I am so depressed over this. Mainly because Everetts whole life was basically on that phone. Almost 1200 photos and videos of him, just gone. Gone and in someone else's hands. How violating and intrusive.

What is so funny is last week I saw a segment on the news about how people have an addiction to their phone. It can be an impulse to constantly look at their phone, and they've found its very similar to drug addicts. I know thats extreme, but that day I recognized myself eagerly looking for my phone, or noticing that I check it A LOT. I made it a point to only look at it at certain times during the day, to be more present with my son. I almost felt like my phone dependency was holding me back from being the best mom I could be. I needed to be present with him and not with other through the phone. Its easy to be on Facebook, twitter, or instagram constantly. I wasn't that extreme but I felt convicted over it.
Then a couple days later it was gone. I kinda felt like it was a God thing. I am now using a droid again, and it is not as fun or tempting. I am still on instagram (shayworley- but now using a droid makes it kinda lame haha).
So heres to not looking back. I won't be sad over it anymore. I will thank God for what I have and that I am here, in the present, with my son.
Pin It!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry about your phone. I was wondering if you ended up getting it back. I'm guilty of checking the phone or ipad entirely too much. I was just thinking about it today! I really need to enjoy every moment with Jackson:) I can focus on my phone and recorded shows during nap time:)