Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

11 Months!

Photobucket

Oh my this month has been a BLAST. This age is so SO fun!
Everett your little personality is shining. You are still so sweet and funny as ever. You don't like to cuddle still, but you do make me carry you around. You are very attached to me. I can't be out of your sight. Thankfully when I need to leave you you are always happy. I haven't had to leave you with anyone while you cry for me yet.
Your favorite word is still "dada". But this month, you've said "mama" and knew what it meant. Yahoo! You say it so differently than dada. "dada" is very high pitched, where as "mama" is in a lower deep raspy voice. Its adorable. When I ask you to say "mama", it comes out as "baba" but you have said it right many times. You are so vocal. You love talking and will jibber away all day long. You say "hi", "ba" (ball), "dada", "mama", "dog" and many other consonant noises (na, pa, ba, ha).
We have taught you many "tricks" and we think you are just so smart. You give high fives, you clap on demand (and ANYTIME you hear music, melts my heart), we say "so big!" and you reach your hands into the air, we also say "nigh-night" and you lay down and pretend to sleep. You love peek a boo and will play it on your own with your hand or a blanket. If we sing, you try to mimic us. You are also a very good waver and still pretend to be shy by laying your head down on my shoulder. You still love giving kisses. You think you are so funny all the time and often give us the scrunched up nose laughter and smile.
You aren't close to walking but still stand unassisted for several seconds before falling or sitting yourself down. You are as active as ever, if you forget about having me right by you you run off and get into everything.
You are a much better eater this month. You have grown to love peas and butternut squash as well as spinach in your scrambled eggs. Still loving blueberries, cheese, chicken and any crunchy snack.
You still have 4 teeth. I can see 4 more coming in on top. It seems to be rough on you.
You still nap at 9am and 1pm and sleep from 6:30p-6:30a with one waking around 4am.
You are still nursing several times a day. I thought we'd be done at 12 months but we'll see.

Things I don't want to forget:
  • How you scream to get what you want. Oh boy.
  • How you often get into the toilets. I have to be extra vigilant now, since one day you made your rounds to all 3 toilets within 15 minutes. You love to stick your hand in there and splash.
  • how you sometimes you go into your room and shut the door.
  • How you just LOVE music. Always clapping or singing along with us. Its so cute. You've been a singer for a while now. You also dance, by jumping up and down on your bum.
  • How you sit with your ankles crossed.
  • our favorite time of day is going to check on you before we go to bed. Your dad and I find you in all kinds of cute positions and we always pat your back or say sweet words over you.
  • That scrunched up nose laugh!
  • Your fake laugh!
  • Your worried smile.
Everett you are so loved! I hope your ability to bring joy and laughter to others never fades.

Photobucket
Pin It!

No comments: