I've been wanting some cheetah flats- especially the Target ones that are in stores now. Then, in my garage I found some cheetah fabric that my mom had leftover from a project of hers. Lightbulb!
I decided to take an old pair of flats ( I am so glad I hesitate to throw shoes away!), and recover them in the fabric. It was so easy, took maybe an hour tops. I am so excited to spruce up a few other pairs of flats that are too far gone to wear as they are now.


These are my old shoes before. I cut off the bow. The eyelets worried me a little bit but they didn't show through the fabric. 

This is what you'll need. Shoes, fabric of choice, fabric glue, mod podge, a foam brush, and scissors. I had all this on hand- so this project cost me nothing! Free shoes whoo-hoo!
Cover the shoes with your fabric glue. Be generous.
Drape the shoe with the fabric. Begin rubbing the fabric onto the shoe so it sticks. Do this for a few minutes, be aggressive.
Pull the fabric down and around the tip of the shoe. Keep rubbing! Let it dry once the fabric is on the whole shoe and very close to the sole. Add glue under the fabric if you need extra (I did, especially on the edge of the sole). Then you will cut the extra fabric around the sole. Hold your scissors very close to the seam between the sole and shoe so you get a close straight line.
Now cut a hole where the foot goes into the shoe. Try to follow the line of your shoe, giving yourself about half an inch overlap.
Cut thin slits in the fabric so its flexible covering the opening of the shoe.
Put glue on the inside of your shoe and fold the slits you just made down.
Once you are done, cover the whole shoe in mod podge to set them. Let dry.
Ta- da!











1 comment:
These turned out SO CUTE Shannon! I saw them on Instagram but so glad I checked out your tutorial. Thanks for linking up! xo, Kimberly
Post a Comment