Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

18 months

18months 
18 months. Holy cow. How did we get here.
At 18 months, you wear size 12 month pants and 18-24 shirts/jammies. Size 6 shoe is too big but size 5 is way too small. We haven't gone for your18 month well visit yet, but I am sure you weighs significantly more. You're so heavy all the sudden.


IMG_2009

18 months has brought many many laughs. You are the most hilarious little thing. You jibber jabber constantly. You say sentences now, like "ana-go-in-da-car?" (want to go in the car, thats your favorite thing to say right now), "I want more", "I want down". You love to say no. You also say "no-no" (your dad says you say it with a hispanic accent, its true). You 'count', but only say 'three' ten times. Your favorite thing is signing happy birthday to candles. Then pretending to blow them out. You adore "malmo" (elmo). You started watching tv shows, only a little bit a day but you like the tv now.

IMG_3837
(your pitiful face)

You call me 'daddy', although I am starting to think you arent really saying "daddy" but some form of "hold me"? Maybe? I hope thats the case. You are always saying "daddy" to me, but call me "mommy' to others when I am not around. You call your dad "dada". You get excited to see him when he comes home. You run to him, then sike him out and come back to me. It hurts his feelings, buddy. He loves you so much but you are so attached to me. I love that you love me and that I am your favorite person. Your second favorite (no its not dad) is my mom, your Nomi. If I leave you with dad you SCREAM, but with Nomi you could care less if I'm around. I am pretty sure you like her more than me.
IMG_8353


You eat great. You love milk, I give you a sippy with milk that you call "bah-bull" (you stopped nursing at 17 months). You are starting to hate the high chair. You love eggs, smoothies, chicken, sweet potatoes, crackers (cra-cahs), applesauce, and of course any sugar. You sleep from about 7pm-7am. You nap at 11am for about 2.5 hours.
OH! You have peed on the potty several times now. I usually make you sit on it before your bath and you almost always go. You hate the bath. I don't know why. You cry and cry and CRY. You brush your teeth, which is so cute.
You love animals. You love seeing them and petting them. You like fish (you say 'sish'), turtles (you also call them 'sish'), dogs (they are all Delilah to you), cats (especially strays around Nomis house), and birds. 
You are an energetic little boy. You love to be active and be outside. You are stubborn too. I tell you 'no' and you just look me in the eyes and do it again. Oh boy. You sure are cute, and so smiley. Even though lately youve had a hard time teething (you've gotten pretty much all your teeth except one set of molars in the back), you are very happy. And very loved.

I dont want to forget:
  • how you always try to put shoes on, and your voice whispering "shoes, shoes"
  • your concerned look when asking for "more", while frantically signing "please"
  • how I lay you down for bed, and you just look up at me, no fight, no tears, and ask for "moo" (a stuffed cow). 
  • your sweet little kisses
  • you are the best hug giver. You put your arms around my neck and press your sweet cheek against mine. I know you mean it, and I know you love me.
  • how if I discipline you, you immediately try to swoon me. Youll get your face up in mine and say, "hi?", then give me kisses. its so sweet, but also a bit manipulative...
  • how when I get you from your crib you have a million things to tell me. You'd sit in there and talk and talk if I let you.



Pin It!

No comments: