Turning two has been so easy, so much fun. Turning one is sad in the "he's not my baby anymore" way- but turning two is more fun in the growing/talking/learning way. Everett is so funny. Maybe just to me and Chris, but we don't care. He cracks us up all day long. Yesterday we were walking out of Target, hand in hand, and the automatic door opened, and Everett exclaimed, "Thank you!". To an automatic door. I died laughing. I also thought, 'wow, he is so polite and we have taught him that!' So proud!
He likes to pretend everything that isnt a hat, is a hat. He will put a shoe on his head and say, "mommy, my hat" in the most serious matter-of-fact way. Then he will crack himself up. He thinks he is funny too! He will also cover his head with anything, turn up his palms and ask "where'd he go?".
He is also so helpful. He will help me with everything if I let him. I am trying to let him and cultivate this helpful nature he has, because I like to think one day his wife will thank me :). He likes to carry every piece of laundry from the dryer to the couch. In the kitchen he likes to take his stool and stand right next to me and hand me things. He also takes everything out of the dishwasher, handing it to me to be put away. He is also very independent in the kitchen. Lately he just takes his little stool and will get in the pantry and get his own snack. Sometimes thats nice for me, but we are trying to make him ask first because he will do this at other peoples houses. Yikes, right??!
He is still a great sleeper and eater. He will go to sleep with zero fight and protest (as long as we have read 4 books and said our prayers), wake up happy, and nap is the same way. He eats almost everything we offer, and could eat all day long.
He is talking up a storm. Most of it is understandable too! He repeats everything you say. I mean EVERYTHING! It is so sweet in moments when I tell him I love him, and he says "I luh yooooou". But he also repeats me when I say "shoot" or "oh my gosh". Working on that! We have always felt like he was an early talker, or an advanced talker, but now I feel like he is right on the same page as other two year olds.
He loves the following: dogs, horses, goats, bugs, going on walks, playing at the park, coloring (or as he says 'cuttering'), giving hugs and kisses, milk, popcorn, any food on a stick, swimming, the ipad, his shows (Super Why & Mickey Mouse are his current favorites), any blanket, his cousins, his best friend Ava, going to play at Grammys school, and books before bedtime. He dislikes the following: getting his hair washed, anything dripping on his clothes, being dirty, being in the car, broccoli, when mommy leaves, sand in his shoes, loud sounds, showers and sour food.
I am absolutely loving this age. He is a blast. Everything is so fun and exciting to him. He is really funny and I love watching him absorb new information. He is a joy- my sunshine! Love you Everett boy!
He loves the following: dogs, horses, goats, bugs, going on walks, playing at the park, coloring (or as he says 'cuttering'), giving hugs and kisses, milk, popcorn, any food on a stick, swimming, the ipad, his shows (Super Why & Mickey Mouse are his current favorites), any blanket, his cousins, his best friend Ava, going to play at Grammys school, and books before bedtime. He dislikes the following: getting his hair washed, anything dripping on his clothes, being dirty, being in the car, broccoli, when mommy leaves, sand in his shoes, loud sounds, showers and sour food.
I am absolutely loving this age. He is a blast. Everything is so fun and exciting to him. He is really funny and I love watching him absorb new information. He is a joy- my sunshine! Love you Everett boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment