Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

DIY high waisted swimsuit

Untitled


This is by no means a tutorial- I am an amateur seamstress at best. I can do a few straight lines and thats pretty much it.

I have been wanting a high waisted swimsuit for a while now. I was having trouble finding one that would cover the belly button. I usually wear one pieces because I loathe my belly button so much. I always have- I even pierced it at 16 in hopes that that frowny looking thing would look cuter but NO. Now after pregnancy it is stretched out and scarred from my piercing.
Alas.

The suit.





Untitled

Untitled

I bought this suit because it is SO CUTE. Ugh I love it so much. It was hard to cut it, trust me. 
I got the suit here and when it arrived I was so bummed because the cups were gapping open. I am super flat chested so there was really no fixing that. I did remove the padding to see if I could replace it (which is why in the before the left side is so sad looking) but no luck there.



Untitled

So I cut the top portion off, double folded it and sewed a straight line. Then cut off the extra fabric.
I also had to take the sides in about an inch on each side because they were loose.


Untitled

There you have it. Nothing too crazy or hard to do. I paired it with a top from Target. 

Untitled
Pin It!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You are so creative! I have been wanting a suit that covers my belly button too. I ju st might have to try this!

mjnearmo21 said...

Wait, you didn't have to add an elastic band or anything? how does it stay up and in place when it gets wet and stretches out?

Shannon said...

Nope, no elastic! I took the sides in about an inch so when it was on it was snug. That makes putting it on a challenge, but with a little wiggling into it it fits perfect!