Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Pink Stuff"

This is a side dish that is served at every single holiday in my family. No plate is complete without a mound of "pink stuff"...
In case you are confused, "pink stuff" is a jello "salad" (not sure why "jello" and "salad" are ever put together in a recipe title), that has a light fluffy texture and tastes of pears and strawberry. It is loved by everyone, especially the kiddos!
It is such a tradition in my family, and when I found the recipe in a family cookbook I was excited to share it, and post it here for me to always find! And with Easter this Sunday, it is the perfect side dish to share.


Photobucket


"Pink Stuff" Jello Salad

1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
1 15 oz can of pears, drained and juice reserved
1 8oz tub Cool Whip
1 large box strawberry Jello

In a blender, combine cream cheese and pears until smooth. Leave in blender, you'll come back to this in a minute.
Measure 1 cup of the pear juice (adding water to make one cup if needed). Bring liquid to a boil in a sauce pan, then add Jello. Stir until Jello dissolves.
To the blender with the pears and cream cheese, add the Cool Whip and jello. Blend thoroughly. Pour into large bowl and refrigerate until firm.

Enjoy!

Pin It!

8 comments:

The Simpsons said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try this!

Unknown said...

How long does it take to firm?

Unknown said...

We have this every holiday too only with us it's the green stuff and has lime jello instead of strawberry. Raspberry is good too and once I made it with grape jello.

schwartz said...

Do you let the jello cool?

Unknown said...

I just made it and I just poured the jello in hot. I'll let you know how it turns out after it sets up.

Unknown said...

I made this today and didn't let the jello cool. I just poured it on hot. It turned out great! Delicious!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I made this today and didn't let the jello cool. I just poured it in hot. It turned out great! Delicious!