Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Everetts First Birthday Party!

We celebrated Everetts first year of life with an anchor/sailor theme party. It was a very tight budget and alot of things were repurposed. I think it turned out pretty cute! Thanks to all our friends and family who came- you spoiled our boy rotten!

This was his invite, he wore a sailor suit that belonged to my twin brother.
invite2web

I used a lot of twine and the colors were red, white and blue.
IMG_2703
I got the wagon at a garage sale for $7 and added a little sail made out of poster board to look like a little sailboat. I cut the white anchor out of a diaper box. 

entry

This was the favor table. My sister in law Rebecca graciously made the muslin drawstring bags and I helped stencil them with freezer paper. I wish I was good with a sewing machine like her! Inside were fruit snacks, crybaby gum (to go with the "sad to say goodbye" sign), Razzle gum (these things are in the dollar section of target!), and fish foam stickers. When we were at Party City they had the pinwheels with the 4th of July stuff for 25 cents. I grabbed a few in case we ran out of the bags. 
favors

Food table set up. I had the shutters that a neighbor gave to me, and I made the AHOY sign out of cardboard. We had Chicken Caesar sliders, veggies, chips and dip, and popcorn.
foodtable

The cake area. We just did the red velvet cake from Costco. It is delicious, and no mess with baking. Also baking is so time consuming. And I have a one year old. I did make the chocolate covered strawberries.
cakearea
I won this banner in a giveaway on Annies blog. Its an adorable custom banner from this custom etsy shop, Mimis Dollhouse.
banner
Monthly pictures hanging on twine in an empty frame:
easel


Outside on the patio: 
I also hung the photos of his head I did every month with a note on the window. 
IMG_2729

Chris had to have a pinata!
IMG_2747
tabletopper 
Cake time! IMG_2796 IMG_2791

cake IMG_2801

IMG_2805

IMG_2811

IMG_2840

Present time! He was not interested. IMG_2855

IMG_2860

IMG_2941

Pool time!
IMG_2984

IMG_2979

Thanks everyone! You made his 1st birthday a hit!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Sparklinbecks said...

Great party, great decor and a great day!

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

wow! super cute birthday party! i LOVE the nautical theme! dropping by from westvalleymomsblog, fellow contributor and new follower! ;)

xo,
kimberly
anightowlblog.blogspot.com