This past weekend we went camping with my sister/brother in law and nephews and niece. I am not going to lie, I was terrified of camping with a one year old. I knew dirt was inevitable, and that didn't bother me, but what did worry me was sleep and weather. I imagined it being super hot and in the direct sun. I also had visions of my son not sleeping at all. One of those things happened :)
We originally wanted to go camping in Sedona, at a place with a trout filled creek and close to a swimming hole. Well, we drove through there and every single camp site was full. So we kept driving and ended up by Flagstaff, camping at Lake Mary. It ended up being WAY better in my opinion. It was much cooler, not crowded, and close to town so us girls could go shopping! It did rain, but it wasn't too bad.
The first night Everett went to sleep fine, but once we joined him in bed he was up for a good 4 hours straight. Crying, yelling, kicking us, hitting the tent, basically a nightmare. That kid just does NOT sleep well with us. He must have his space. The next night we made a bed for him next to us and he slept perfectly, until he woke for good at 4:30. He was such a trooper though. You can't be frustrated at kids for being out of there element. I took him camping after all! As long as he had snacks and was allowed to play in the dirt/gravel (we bought sand toys which were a hit) he was happy! When us girls went shopping he slept in the ergo, and Sunday before we left we all went shopping again and he also napped in the ergo then as well. That thing is so awesome!
We ended our trip in Jerome because I had an engagement session there. It seemed like a fun little town!
Pages
Monday, August 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment